HOW TO USE TEDLAR BAG OR SAMPLING BAG?techi
The Tedlar bag can be operated or used by several methods.
Here is a standard operating guide for the gas sampling bag.
- Select a Tedlar bag of required capacity.
- Make sure that, it should not contaminate by any means.
- Keep a gas collection pump or manual blower available with all the required accessories.
- Connect the rubber tube to the hose provided at PTFE duel functioning valve and then open the valve.
- Start filling the Tedlar bag up to 90% of total capacity to avoid the leakages and bag deformation.
- As soon as the sampling bag filled up to its limit, close the functioning valve and remove the tube from the hose.
- There is a detachable silicon septum supplied separately, which should be attached to threaded hose at the valve.
- Tighten the septum to make sure that, it should be completely leak-proof.
- The Tedlar bag can retain the gasses sample up to 3-4 days without any losses.
- Then take a gas syringe and load the sample for sampling in gas chromatography or other devices.
- The silicon septum should replace after 120 to 130 sampling to avoid leakages.
- For reuse, flush the Tedlar bag thoroughly with inert gas or purified air 2-3 times or researcher may vacuum the gas sampling bag with the help of a vacuum pump.
- Avoide the direct contact of the Tedlar bag with fire and allow sampling below 200-degree Celsius temperature.
FOR MORE DETAILS WATCH THIS VIDEO