Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles (SiO2)
₹ 2,150.00 – ₹ 12,900.00
- Product Name – Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles (TI-SiO2)
- Purity – 99.9%
- Average Particle Size: 20-50 nm
- SSA: ~220 m2/g Molecular Weight: 231.533 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: SiO2 Bulk Density: 0.25 g/cm 3
- Physical Form: Powder
- Morphology : Spherical Colour: White CAS No. : 7631-86-9
- Available Size : 100gm | 500gm | 1kg
- Additional information
Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles Description and Specifications
Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) is a molecule made from Silicon and Oxygen, sometimes known as Silica, and the components are held together by a covalent connection. It is one of the sand’s constituents and is present naturally in Quartz. It is typically white or colourless, insoluble in water or ethanol. It produces the silicate family by combining with minerals. Silicon Dioxide nanoparticles or Silica nanoparticles as a substrate are most common for proteins and enzymes and as a modified surface to immobilize cells and tissue. Surrounding a central Silica core, the nanoparticles have a unique hexagonal “waffle-iron” crystal structure. The negatively-charged surface of the particles is naturally attracted to positively-charged DNA molecules. The consumption of Silicon Dioxide as a natural mineral necessary for life on earth is vast. The nanostructured Silica with unique geometric properties forms biomaterials conjugates with various hybrid nanomaterials. It helps produce innovative results for sensing and imaging DNA.
The Silicon Dioxide nanopowder, also known as Silica nanoparticles or nano-silica, is the foundation for much biological research. According to their structure, the classification of nano-silica particles includes P-type or S-type. Compared to the S-type, the P-type particles feature numerous nanopores with a pore rate of 0.61 ml/g and higher UV reflectivity. The latter also has a significantly smaller surface area.
Silicon Dioxide nanopowder does not react with water and is acid-resistant. The substance’s chemical formula is SiO2. Silicon oxide, the group of acidic glass-forming oxides, interacts with alkalis and basic oxides as temperature rises, generating a supersonic fusion, indicating that glass is an excellent dielectric. The Chemical Co-Precipitation technique creates the suspension of nanoparticles. At ambient temperature, these Silica nanoparticles are ultra-stable in aqueous solutions and may be easily tailored to typical biological buffers such as phosphate-buffered saline (PBS).
Our analytical-grade non-functionalized SiO2 nanoparticles are suitable for many scientific applications. For example, 100 nm Silicon Dioxide (Silica) nanoparticles are standard for aggregation tests and colloidal behaviour research. In contrast, non-functionalized Silica nanoparticles are excellent for chemical deposition and other biological applications. Many applications rely on Silica nanoparticles with ultra-narrow size distributions as a size reference.
Properties of Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles
• It is a white powdery particle.
• It is translucent and has a density of 2634 kg/m3.
• It has a molar mass of 60.0843 g/mol.
• The surface temperature is 1986 °K, whereas the boiling temperature is 2503 °K.
• Quartz, cristobalite, and tridymite are crystal structures.
• It is manufactured in various concentrations ranging from 0.1% to 5%.
• Highly monodisperse: the particle size distribution is narrow, CV< 3%.
• Roundness > 0.980: particles pack well to form a dense and smooth powder.
• They are prepared by the sol-gel process based Stöber method: high quality, low cost, short preparation time.
• Surface chemistry: Hydroxyl (-OH): chemically stable in many environments
Applications of Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles
Silicon Dioxide (SiO2) has a variety of industrial applications, including its use as a food ingredient. It serves as a beverage clarifier, anti-binder, viscosity controller, anti-foaming agent, desiccant, and pharmaceutical and vitamin excipient. Silicon Dioxide nanopowder is common for detecting DNA and the nucleic acid that contains genetic information. It proves beneficial in different techniques like PCR (polymerase chain reaction) to amplify only incomplete or damaged DNA strands. Moreover, researchers utilize the powder in cytometry flow to isolate cells with specific markers.
The utilization of SiO2 nanoparticles is famous as a rubber and plastic additive, strengthening filler for concrete and other building composites, and a stable, non-toxic platform for biomedical applications such as drug administration and theranostics. Although it is not a micronutrient, Silicon (Si) identification has been beneficial for plants due to its favourable effects on plant development and production and tolerance to biotic and abiotic stress factors. It has enhanced surface adsorption and energy properties, excellent chemical purity, excellent dispersion, ultrafine molecule size, and high thermal resistance. Silicon Dioxide nanoparticles (SiO2 NPs) are presently being probed as one of the most interesting new inorganic accoutrements.
How to Use Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles
• The dispersion of Silicon Dioxide nanoparticles is the latency of nanoparticles in water or various organic solvents such as mineral oil or ethanol.
• Use appropriate solvent of choice to disperse the product.
• Use an ultrasonic probe for dispersion.
Safety Measures of Silicon Dioxide Nanoparticles
Personal safety precautions, protective equipment, and emergency response protocols
• Wear personal safety equipment.
• Avoid the production of dust.
• Breathe no fumes, mist, or gas.
• Make sure there’s enough airflow.
• Personnel should be evacuated to safe regions.
• Avoid inhaling dust.
Precautions for the environment
• Do not allow the products to enter the drainage system.
• Containment and clean-up methods and materials
• Pick up and dispose of items in a dust-free manner.
• Sweep and scoop the floor. For disposal, keep inappropriate and closed containers.
• Avoid encounters with your skin or your eyes.
• Prevent the development of dust and aerosols.
• Provide enough exhaust ventilation in areas where dust forms.
• Keep the container firmly closed in a dry, well-ventilated location.
Advice in general – First Aid
• If the researcher inhales the product, get the individual some fresh air.
• If the product comes into touch with the researcher’s skin, wash it off with soap and plenty of water.
• If the material touches the researcher’s eyes, rinse them well with lots of water for at least 15 minutes.
• Rinse your mouth out with water.
Why Choose Us
We at Techinstro manufacture Silicon Dioxide nanoparticles with excellent quality. We adjust the percentage of nanopowder dispersion that successfully meets the dispersion demands of our clients. Our products are packaged in reliable, secure, and tamper-proof containers. We provide delivery of Silicon Dioxide nanoparticles in India and can also ship internationally. Our standard pack sizes are 100gm, 500gm and 1000gm. We make the product available in small quantities for researchers and in bulk to enterprises and institutions for application development at the lowest and most affordable price. We provide the best quality in the market. The product is ready to use in a variety of applications.
100gm, 500gm, 1Kg