Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (Magnetite)
₹ 2,150.00 – ₹ 12,900.00
- Purity – 99.9%
- Average Particle Size: 20-50 nm
- SSA: 110 m2/g
- Molecular Weight: 101.96 G/mol
- Melting Point: 2055 °C
- Bulk Density: 0. 5 g / cm3
- Physical Form: Powder
- Morphology : Near Spherical
- Colour: Brownish
- Additional information
Description and Specification of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
Iron Oxide nanoparticles (Iron Oxide nanopowder) are at the fore of accelerated development in the field of nanotechnology. It consists of Magnetite (Fe3O4) and Hematite (γ-Fe2O3) particles. These particles have diameters extending from 1 and 100 nanometers. Hence, they are also known as Ferrous Oxide nanoparticles and Magnetite.
Iron oxide nanopowder is beneficial as it can be altered by inorganic and organic factors, non-ionic detergents, starches, drugs, enzymes, antibodies, proteins for additional applications depending on their extensive surface chemistry strengths. The Fe3O4 nanoparticles manufacture using numerous methods such as dry processes, microbiological, wet chemical techniques. The most common synthesis techniques are biological, chemical, and physical methods.
- The biological process of synthesizing Iron Oxide nanoparticles is helpful as it suits well in green chemistry by using bacteria, fungi, microbes, and viruses in the process.
- The chemical synthesis techniques are considered the most dependable and productive method with greater unity of nanoparticles.
- In the physical process of Iron Oxide nanoparticle synthesis, the top-down method is generally used to break the massive crystals into smaller units. Some of these methods include ultraviolet irradiation, laser ablation, lithography, aerosol technologies, and ultrasonic fields.
Since we are the sole manufacturer and supplier of our product, we make it available at reasonable and affordable rates. We offer the product in powder as well as disperse form. Moreover, product customization is also available with us.
Ferrous Oxide nanoparticles have significant attention due to their superparamagnetic qualities.
The unique properties include –
- Super-paramagnetism – It has sizes between 2 and 20 nm and exhibits super-paramagnetism. It implies that their magnetization is zero in an outside magnetic field deficiency. This feature provides extra security for magnetic nanoparticles in liquids.
- High surface-to-volume ratio – The surface area to volume ratio increases significantly in these nanoparticles. This high surface-to-volume ratio enhances reactivity and potential biochemical actions. This feature also allows a remarkably greater binding capacity and superior dispersibility of nanoparticles in the solutions.
- They have a greater surface area.
- It offers a straightforward separation methodology.
- They tend to possess low toxicity.
- It has great chemical activity and gets easily oxidized in the air, resulting in loss of dispersibility and magnetism.
Applications of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
The particular size-dependent characteristics make them an indispensable and highly preferred material in many applications. There are some well-known fields with the possible applications of nanomaterials are –
Health care and Biomedical, in which they used as drug carriers for target-specific drug distribution and therapeutic agents for cancer treatments. It is also used in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) as magnetic sensing probes and nanoscale imaging.
It also applies as contrast agents in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), vaccine and antibody generation, as carriers for gene therapy, detecting and treating bacterial infections, and carrying antigens into the bloodstream for a specific disease in magnetic separation of biomolecules.
Environmental remediation prevents pollution treats wastewater (membrane filtration, permeable reactive barriers, absorption) and catalyst coatings. Pigments are commonly used in the construction industry for colouring tile, brick, concrete, and other building materials. It is also used in superparamagnetic relaxometry (SPMR).
The electronics industry uses Iron Oxide nanopowder to manufacture printed electronics and spintronics to make terabit magnetic storage devices. Various high-end microwaves employ it in their production and operation.
The uncommon combination of features inherent to the various Iron Oxide nanopowder makes them absolute as components in some coatings, such as coatings intended to consume EM waves. The diverse forms of this product are of remarkable use in producing ferrofluids and magnetically effective fluids for various usages.
- Lab personnel involved in any duty with a potential to nanomaterials must use personal guarding equipment such as protective gloves, protective clothing such as a disposable gown or lab coat, respiratory protection, face shield, goggles, or safety glasses, and many more.
- Laboratory personnel must take the appropriate training, including particular nano material-related standard operating procedures, wellness and safety risks, and measures to be considered in case of an exposure, before working with nanomaterials.
- Exercise regular hand washing, particularly before eating, using cosmetics, or leaving the working.
How to use?
- The nanopowder has a ZERO surface charge at an isoelectric point. Therefore, there is no electrostatic repulsion to prevent the particles from re-agglomerate.
- Sonicate the particles for 15 minutes.
- Accommodate the pH of the suspension from 3 to 4.
- Sonicate the particles again for another 15 minutes
- At pH 3-4, the particles gain a net positive charge and thus develop high electrostatic repulsion.
Why choose us?
Our team’s design and manufacture are highly acknowledged for their peculiar properties in the market. We as one of the eminent manufacturers of the product with our in-depth analysis and technical expertise. We are a unit of profoundly accomplished specialists giving our max to feed our valued clients’ interests. We are always delighted to offer a comprehensive and expanding portfolio of Iron Oxide nanoparticles to cater to any research requirement.
100gm, 500gm, 1Kg