Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes
• Product Code- TI-SWCNT
• HS Code – 38249090
• Number of Nanotubes – 1 to 2
• Form Factor – Powder
• Colour – Black
• Purity – > 99.99%
• Outer diameter – 1.8 nm +4 nm
• Length – 5 μm
• Specific Surface Area – 490 m2/gm
• Bulk Density – 0.1 g/cm3
• Thermal Conductivity – > 3000 W/m.k
• Tensile Strength – 50-500 GPa
• Packing size – 1gram, 5gm, 10gm, 25gm, and bulk
Single walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNT) are one-dimensional CNT that looks like a regular hexagonal lattice, which extends infinitely into a cylindrical hollow tube. Graphene, an allotrope of carbon, is used to make carbon nanotubes. The SWCNT constitutes a single layer of graphene atoms rolled into tubes with less than a 1-nanometer diameter. This makes it incredibly minute.
The molecular bond of the CNT consists of sp2 hybridized carbon, which is also present in fullerenes. Being vigorous, the SWCNT has infinite applications in numerous fields of technology. The single walled carbon nanotubes are essential assortments of carbon nanotubes because they possess a zero to 2 eV bandgap, which is not available in MWCNTs. It is undoubtedly, one of the reasons for compact electronic gadgets.
We use Catalytic Chemical Vapor Deposition (CCVD) method for synthesis, where we made the ultra-pure single walled carbon nanotubes in powder and dispersed form. The researcher might want to use it for research purposes; thus, we provide a simple guide for dispersing the product below. We sell mainly research-grade SWCNTs to R&D and educational institutes, whereas we also manufacture the commercial grade for the industries.
Elasticity and Strength: It has a honeycomb lattice, which exhibits a strong chemical bonding between 3 carbon atoms. This makes one of the strongest bonds, and thus it is highly resistant to any physical damages. Comparatively, SWCNT displays 100 times more strength than steel and more toughness than diamond when it is in bulk.
Weight: It is the lightest material that exhibits strong properties. Hence, it is favorable in many electronics as well as mechanical applications.
Electrical conductivity: A particular combination of N and M with the CNT gives a metallic output and is highly conductive. Moreover, SWCNT sustains higher stable current densities up to 1013 A/cm2. Another interesting aspect here is that it defective individually. Nevertheless, this defect allows it to work as a transistor.
Heat insulation: Due to high thermal conductivity, the SWCNTs are suitable for electronic gadgets that tend to heat up. One dimensional heat suspender can reduce heat waste if connected to a hotspot with high power density.
These excellent properties make single walled carbon nanotubes an ideal choice for numerous industrial and R&D applications and potential for more widespread use.
The most common and widespread applications of single walled carbon nanotubes are in cells and batteries, electric wires, conductive adhesive, sports equipment, structural materials, and aviation. It is also utilized in catalyst supports, tissue engineering, composite polymers for tires, automobile parts, bulletproof vests, water-resistant fabrics, and aerospace. The SWCNT plays an essential role in drug delivery, air & water filtration, energy storage, and multipurpose coatings.
HOW TO USE IT
Guide to perform dispersion
Things need to have
• Ultra-pure SWCNT fine powder.
• Surfactants and ultrasonic probes
• Using sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate as an anionic surfactant, the operator can use a nonionic surfactant with higher molecular weight to require an aqueous solution.
• In a container, take the Single-walled carbon nanotubes powder according to the experiment’s need.
• Mix suitable solvent with the surfactant.
• Then pour this solution into the dry powder of SWCNT and mix well.
• Place an ultrasonic probe in the mixture.
• Be careful about the time duration and power while doing this process. An improper activity can damage the nanotubes affecting their average length.
• Then get a mixture of SWCNT bundles and suspended SWCNTs
• Try to break the bundles using sonication.
• To separate the nanotubes from the bundles, place the solution in a centrifuge. Then centrifuge it at a high rpm for a long time to get desirable nanotubes.
• The dispersion of functional groups SWCNT can perform without any surfactants.
Please note that SWCNTs can be highly lethal if it is exposed to the human body. Therefore, utmost care should be taken while handling the product. Follow the instructions below for managing the product safely.
• To protect the eyes, always wear safety goggles while handling the product. If the product is exposed directly with eyes, then rinse it immediately, and seek professional help.
• Do not bring the product closer to the nose. In case of accidental inhalation, rush out to get fresh air. Since it is a very fine nanopowder, it directly goes to the human lungs and may affect its functions. If the person who inhales is unconscious, give mouth to mouth resuscitation, and seek medical aid.
• Use gloves while handling the product all the time. It might get penetrate the skin, hence do not try to touch it with bare hands. If it is exposed closely to hands, immediately rinse hands using soap and water.
• Do not ingest it. If swallow it accidentally, rinse the mouth thoroughly with water and rush to seek medical attention.
• Always wear PPE kits to protect from dangerous emissions of the chemicals.
• Follow the government guidelines to dispose of the residue product safely.
WHY CHOOSE US
Techinstro is a firm that specializes in the field of nanotechnology and has professionals that have years of experience in it. We have been working in this field form 2006 and thus understand the requirements of our clients efficiently. We have been providing the best quality products ever since and aim to do that in the future, making us professional about reaching beyond our clients’ expectations. Therefore, we perform constant testing and evaluation of our products to meet the quality criteria.
Moreover, our timely deliveries and affordable prices are something clients hardly get in this field. We reach out to have a long-term relationship with our partners. Our expertise reaches out in dealing with the Display technology, Advanced Material Laboratory, Environmental Organizations, Pharmaceutical Industry, and much more. Along with being an SWCNTs manufacturers and supplier, we also deal in double walled carbon nanotubes (DWCNT) as well as functional groups of single walled carbon nanotubes, mainly Hydroxyl (OH) and Carboxyl (COOH).