- Product Series – TI-Qwool
- Form Factor – Solid
- Colour – Milky White
- Molecular Formula – SiO2
- Melting Point – 1690 ºC
- Density – 2.3 g/cm3
- Refractive Index – 1.6
- Thermal Conductivity – 1.38 W/m-K
- Electrical Resistivity – 71 x 107 Ω-cm
- Moisture content – < 0.4% • Appearance – White fluffy woolen • Purity – > 99.9%
- Customization – Not available
- Pack Size – 50gm, 100gm, 250gm, 500gm, and 1kg
The random asymmetric arrangement of fragile and flexible fibers of fused quartz is termed Quartz wool. It is also known as silica wool. It is a milky white color that looks like cotton wool. It is made up of highly pure SiO2 and high-quality quartz crystals. Like fused quartz products, it also has similar properties. The maximum operating temperature of this is 1150 ºC.
The fiber’s diameter is divided mainly into three major categories as coarse, fine, and ultra-fine. The thickness of coarse fibers is 12 to 15 microns, whereas, in fine wool, the thickness is around 7-9 microns. The pricing of ultra-fine quartz wool is relatively high due to its high surface area and less thickness, i.e., about 3 microns. It efficiently sustains at high temperatures. It is also non-flammable, non-combustible, and chemically inert, making it more popular in the industries.
Quartz Wool Applications
It chiefly uses for insulation purposes due to its excellent temperature resistance properties. It also applies in the filtration of corrosive fluid and gases, air pollution control, catalyst support, support bed in the distillation and HPLC column, filler for analytical instruments, IR heat diffuser, and many more. Since it is chemically inert, the acid filtration also becomes a regular application.
Safety Instructions of Quartz Wool
- The protective gloves should be wear at the time of operation.
- Safety goggle is a must during handling.
- Do not touch any part of the skin while using.
- Store in a moisture-proof dry place.
Why Choose Us?
We at Techinstro manufacture a cost-effective and high-quality product. We supply this highly pure quartz wool all over the world with great satisfaction. We sell this material mainly in scientific laboratories, college and educational institutes, industries, and factories.