Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles
- Concentration 20 wt. % in isopropanol
- Particle size <50 nm (DLS)
- pH level 8-10
- Density 0.79 g/cm3 at 25 °C
- Mechanical strength ranging from 300 to 630 MPa
- Compressive strength ranging from 2,000 to 4,000 MPa
- Hardness exhibiting a range from 15 to 19 GPa
- Moderate thermal conductivity is 20 to 30 W/mK
- Operating temperature without mechanical load is 1,000 to 1,500°C.
- Packaging Sealed PET Bottle
- Size : 100gm | 500gm | 1kg | Bulk / Customized Order
Full Description of Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles
Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles often called Aluminium Oxide Nanopowder and abbreviated as Al2O3 Nanoparticles, are spherical nanosized particles of alumina. Aluminium is available abundantly on earth. It has wide applications in different consumer products and applications due to its novel characteristics. Al2O3 nanoparticles have a rod-like shape with a width around 10 nm and a length between 20–50 nm. Aluminium oxide consists of two aluminium atoms and three oxygen atoms. They are bonded collectively in a hexagonal close-packed (HCP) crystal structure. The general name of the compound is alumina or corundum, which are also the core mineral found in rubies and sapphires. It isn’t very pleasant and homogeneously oxidized. The derivation of Aluminium oxide is done from the ore of Aluminium – the bauxite mineral. Bauxite is a sedimentary rock with Aluminium compounds in a mixture with other minerals and non-metals. It also has oxides such as hematite (Fe2O3), quartz (SiO2), and magnetite (Fe3O4). After obtaining bauxite, it is crushed and purified into Aluminium by the Bayer process. Alumina is achieved before the final Aluminium production. This takes place just after the bauxite is coated with a hot sodium hydroxide solution to obtain Aluminium hydroxide. It is then calcinated into alumina. Alumina nanoparticles develop from the alumina or corundum. The preferred method of nanoparticle production is laser ablation. It has versatility in terms of the size of the produced nanoparticles. As the laser beam is pure, it is easy to obtain the purest nanoparticles differently.
The laser beam interacts with the solid it focuses on, forms plasma, and evaporates types of particles. The expanded channel then encounters the ambient gas or fluid that interacts with the beam to form alumina nanoparticles in the configuration.
Properties of Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles
It exhibits remarkable properties that are –
• The concentration of the product is 20 wt. % in isopropanol
• The particle size <50 nm (DLS)
• The pH level of the product is 8-10.
• The density of the product is 0.79 g/cm3 at 25 °C
• It has good electrical insulation (1×1014 to 1×1015 Ωcm)
• It displays high mechanical strength ranging from 300 to 630 MPa
• It has a high compressive strength ranging from 2,000 to 4,000 MPa
• The product has a high hardness exhibiting a range from 15 to 19 GPa
• The Moderate thermal conductivity is 20 to 30 W/mK
• It has high corrosion resistance and is immune to wear due to external elements with excellent gliding properties.
• The operating temperature of the product without mechanical load is 1,000 to 1,500°C.
• It is compatible with Bio inert and food.
Applications of Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles
It is beneficial in different branches of medicine. It helps for drug delivery as it holds the accuracy of the dosage that it can release at a programmed time and location in the body. The stability of Alumina nanoparticles makes it a good option for intravenous drug delivery. It can be effective for drug delivery in parts of the body with very low ph.
Advanced ceramic material
Al2O3 nanoparticles application include heavy-duty forming tools, tiles for wear protection and ballistics, substrates, and resistor cores in the electronics industry, seal and regulator discs for water taps and valves, thread guides in textile engineering, heat-sinks for lighting systems, protection tubes in thermal processes or catalyst carriers in the chemicals industry.
It has uses in the cosmetics industry as fillers high strength ceramics, designed as single crystals for YAG laser applications, etc. In the mechanical industry, it is used as a cutting tool.
Aluminium Oxide Nanopowder shows potential as an ideal ingredient in producing advanced heat transfer fluids. Its applications include baseboards of integrated circuits, vapour depositing substances, polishing materials, packaging materials mixed into plastics for increased hardness, and much more. It has low friction and outstanding durability, making it a good option for additive for any number of composites, as it offers an enhanced wear resistance.
How to Use Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles?
• Determine the aim of the experiment. The researchers need – Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles, surfactant, sonic probe, beaker, or container to disperse the product.
• Researchers can opt for chemical surfactants or organic solvents like citric acid or acetic acid. The dispersion of the particles can also be carried out with water.
• Take appropriate amount of Nanopowder and solution for dispersion.
• Slowly add the surfactant to the Nanopowder.
• Do not mix it briskly as it damages the properties of the Aluminium Oxide Nanopowder.
• Use a sonic probe and make sure that the product mixes well.
• The Nanoparticles can enter the body through the mouth or pores of the skin. It harms the cells of the body to a hazardous level.
• In the lab, always use PPE kits – protective gloves, protective glasses, face shield, masks, etc.
• Do not inhale or digest the product. It contains properties that can react with the body.
• If inhalation or digestion of the product occurs, rush to the nearest hospital to consult the doctor.
• If the product accidentally enters the eyes, rinse eyes with cold water. Ensure that there is no residue product on the hands before splashing water into the eyes.
• Since the product is powdered, it may accidentally fall on the surface. Clean it with a damp cloth. Avoid dusting the product.
• Aluminium toxicity is a topic of concern for people as there have been many alleged connections between Aluminium and cancer. The biggest challenge is when toxins when released into the environment. Follow the disposal guide while disposing of the residue product.
Why Choose Us?
Techinstro is a reputed organization with experience of over 10+ years in the business. We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Aluminium Oxide Nanoparticles in the industry. We know that our quality is our identity. We never compromise on our quality and try to provide you with the best quality product. Our development team has immense enthusiasm that makes the product perfect. Our standard packing size is 100gm, 500gm and 1kg. We also quote a lower price for bulk orders. We also offer product modification and customization. It is available with us in powdered as well as dispersed form. Moreover, we assist our clients in using the product for research and an instructional manual. We accept orders for single as well as bulk deliveries.