Overall, the display a unique combination of strength, tenacity, and stiffness, previously unseen in any other material. These also show intrinsic transport and mechanical properties, which indeed makes them one of the essential elements for use in numerous fields and applications. These are the distinct properties of for use in numerous industrial and research applications, including:
- Extremely thin – This is composed of only pure carbon atoms, linked together to form a hexagonal shape with each other. These are extremely thin, only about 1nm – 3nm in diameter, making them around 10,000 times thinner than a human hair.
- Remarkably strong – The carbon atoms for a strong bond with their loose electron, forming an efficient hexagonal shape of carbon molecules.
- Efficient electric conductor – its are capable when it comes to conducting electricity, due to the loose electron in each atom forming the nanocylinder.
- Effective heat conductor – This is also able to adequately conduct heat, thus making them ideal for application in even high-temperature environments.
Carbon Nanotubes are renowned for being excellent conductors of electricity and temperature, which finds them numerous applications all over the industrial spectrum. Learn a few more interesting information:
- Versatile applications – The excellent heat and electrical conducting properties which make it excellent for numerous applications in material science and technology, apart from nano-technology, optics and electronics.
- Additive – Its not always used singularly, but are also used as additives to other structural materials to make them stronger and safer.
- Strength factor – It is formed through sp2-hybrid chemical bonding between the carbon atoms, which makes it stronger than most alkanes and even diamond.
- Shapes and sizes – Apart from being single-walled and multi-walled, CNTs are also available as carbon peapod, nanobud, nanocones and, nanofibers.
- Potential of use – It is estimated to find widespread application including, mainly, in nano-technology engineering. Apart from this, it is also set to be used in building blocks of 3D macroscopic carbon devices, manufacturing electrically-conductive fiber for wearable electronic devices.
- Significantly safe – It has been deemed safe for use by Europe’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulations.
CNTs made from pure carbon molecules of larger size. Since they are long, thin, and having a tubular appearance. Ideally, the tubes of pure carbon molecules are tiny, around 1 to 10 nm in diameter and about 100s to 1000s of nanometers long.
Concerning their molecular bond, it is 100 times stronger than steel but weight only 1/6th as compared to steel. Functionalized nanotubes are made to be efficient conductors of heat and electricity, while others are also valuable semiconductors. There is some functional group such as Amine and, Carboxylic (COOH) functionalized.
It can form multiple concentric cylinders made of pure carbon atoms. Each concentric nanotube is kept away from the other by the inter-atomic force. These are known as MWCNTs. In other instances, which have only one cylinder wall are called SWCNTs and two concentric hollow cylindrical walled molecules known as DWCNT.
Almost half of all Lithium batteries used in carbon nano-fibers as it helps to double the energy capacity of the batteries. Silicon transistors are also set to be replaced with the highly efficient and miniature carbon transistors. The future applications of this unique material include use in personal armor, like a vest made of Nanotube, can double its ability to absorb the energy of a bullet. It is produced of carbon can store up to 65% of their weight in hydrogen, making them highly potential in making hydrogen fuel cells more affordable and an efficient answer as an alternative to conventional and dangerous fossil fuels. Research also executed on spinning wires of carbon nanotube which is set to conduct electricity significantly better than the traditional copper wire. We manufacture and supply it in powder form and dispersion form.
This technology is already being seriously considered as the next step in the evolution of high definition materials. These have shown enormous potential to be the stepping stones for prominent use in R&D and commercial applications, thanks to the unique properties and range of uses.
Industry experts says this will help to remarkably improve numerous types of electronic devices, including small sensors, and optical devices. It is a highly productive application in other products, such as solar cells, fuel cells, batteries, and catalysts.