Platinum Conductive Paste
- Form: Paste
- Quality Level: 100
- Viscosity: 2500-4500 mPa.s
- Storage Temperature: 2 – 8 °C
- InChI: 1S/Pt
- Platinum %: > 99.99%
- Color: Dark grey
- Storage Temperature: 0 ~ 10 ℃ in the refrigerator
- Pt Content: Pt% by weight about 80%
- Pt Particle Size: < 15um
- Viscosity: 40-90 Pa.S
- Resistivity: 0.4 ohm/cm
Description and Specifications of Platinum Conductive Paste
Platinum Conductive paste is a mixture of divided platinum particles and a binder. It is also known as Platinum Conductive Ink. It is applied to a substrate using a screen-printing process. After applying the paste, it is fired at a high temperature to sinter the particles together. This results in a thin, uniform layer of platinum that is highly electrolytically active.
It is a valuable material for various applications because it is conductive, has a high melting point, and is a suitable catalyst. Due to these characteristics, it can be used in electrochromic, fuel, and solar cells.
Here are some more details about platinum paste:
- The typical particle size of platinum in the paste is 1-100 nm.
- The binder used is a polymer, such as polyvinyl alcohol.
- The firing temperature of the paint is typically 420 – 450 °C.
Although this paint is expensive, its high performance makes it a cost-effective choice for many applications. In dye solar cells, the counter-electrode is the part of the cell that receives electrons from the electrolyte. The platinum on the counter-electrode helps to move electrons from the electrolyte to the cell, which makes the cell work better.
This versatile solution can enhance a wide range of materials, including metal, wood, ceramics, and glass. It is easy to use and can be applied with various tools, making it an excellent option for seasoned artists and beginners. Platinum Conductive Paint has the same raw ingredients as Silver Conductive Paint, except for the metal solids. The processing is expected to be the same, but the sintering of metal particles occurs at much higher temperatures. The sublimation of the metal in a vacuum is also expected to occur at higher temperatures.
- Superior Conductivity: High platinum content ensures excellent electrical and heat conductivity
- Versatile Formulation: The paste form and amber color make it easy to apply and suitable for various applications in electronics and ceramics.
- Optimal Viscosity: With a viscosity range of 2500 – 4500 mPa.s, it offers ideal consistency for smooth and precise application.
- Robust Storage: It can be stored between 2-8 °C, maintaining its properties and extending shelf life for long-term usability.
- Ultrafine Particle Size: Platinum particles with a size < 15um ensure uniform coating and enhanced performance.
- Proprietary Resin: It incorporates a unique resin formulated for superior results, though its composition remains undisclosed.
- Wide Temperature Range: It can withstand high temperatures during heating, making it suitable for demanding applications.
- Excellent Adhesion: It creates a strong bond with surfaces, providing reliable and stable electrical connections.
- Precise Heat Treatment: Specific heat treatment instructions enable optimal solidification for achieving desired conductivity.
- Consistent Results: Keeps its resistivity at 0.4 ohm/cm constant, ensuring consistent performance in a range of applications.
Applications Platinum Conductive Paste
Platinum Conductive Paste is a versatile solution with diverse applications. It is ideal for areas requiring a transparent layer with exceptional electrocatalytic activity.
The oil-based formulation enables easy application through screen printing, ensuring films of outstanding uniformity, reproducibility, and performance. This makes it ideal for DSSC pilot production. Distributed platinum nanoclusters form upon drying and firing at or above 420 °C. These nanoclusters impart high catalytic activity and transparency for electrochemical reduction.
The Platinum Conductive Ink is also used to make fuel cells, sensors, catalysts, and electrodes. It empowers cutting-edge technologies and unleashes the full potential of electrocatalysis.
- Wear protective gloves and clothing when handling Platinum Paint.
- It is advisable to work in an area with good ventilation to prevent inhaling any fumes.
- It is crucial to avoid any contact with the eyes and skin.
- It is advisable to keep the paste in a cool and dry location, avoiding direct exposure to sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Follow the specific drying and firing instructions provided for the application process.
- Dispose of unused or expired paste according to local regulations and guidelines.
How to use ?
To use Platinum Paste, follow these steps:
- Ensure the working area is well-ventilated, and wear protective gloves and clothing.
- Apply the paste using a screen printer, ensuring even and uniform coverage on the desired surface.
- Allow the applied paste to dry thoroughly.
- After drying, fire the paste at or above 420 °C, following the recommended firing duration.
- When fired, platinum nanoclusters will spread, giving the desired transparency and electrocatalytic activity.
- Always adhere to the specific application and firing instructions for optimal results.
Why choose us?
The Techinstro is a trusted manufacturer and supplier of Platinum Conductive Paste. We offer competitive prices, premium quality, and reliable on-time delivery. We have 10 years of experience and a customer-centric approach. We provide tailored solutions and technical support to elevate our customer’s electrocatalytic applications. Our cutting-edge oil-based formulation ensures uniformity and reproducibility for optimal results. We focus on safety and adhere to strict guidelines. Fuel the project’s success with our top-notch products. Experience unmatched excellence with our Platinum Paste. Contact us today for more information.