Nickel Conductive Paste
- Full Cure Time: 4 hours at RT or 70℃ for 10 min
- Work Time: 15 min
- Gap Filling: 0.1 – 2 mm
- Colour: Black
- Melting Point: 1455°C (2651°F)
- Boiling Point: 2913°C (5275°F)
- Viscosity Paste: 200-250 P
- Surface Resistivity: ≤ 10 Ω/sq.
- Solid Content: ~ 60%
- Abrasion Resistance: 3H
- Composition: Nickel 50 -60 % & Carbon Black 1-2 %
Description and Specifications of Nickel Conductive Paste
Nickel conductive paste is an adhesive that creates a strong, conductive bond between two surfaces. It is also called Nickel Conductive Paint. The paste consists of finely distributed Nickel nanoparticles suspended in a binder, making a homogeneous mixture that can be easily applied and cured.
This conductive paste contains Nickel and carbon filler and is a single component. It is black and a good conductor of electricity. It is used in shielding electrostatic applications. It is an excellent adhesion over various substrates, coupled with good conductivity. It is available in a 10 gm size and can be applied to plastics, ceramics, and metals.
The main components of Nickel conductive adhesive paste are as follows:
- Nickel Particles: The paste contains high-quality Nickel particles, which are typically in the form of flakes or spheres. These particles have a controlled size distribution, and their choice influences the paste’s conductivity and bonding properties. Smaller particle sizes offer better electrical performance, while larger particles can enhance mechanical strength.
- Binder System: The binder system is a crucial element as it acts as a vehicle for dispersing the Nickel particles and provides the necessary adhesive properties for bonding. Usually, a polymer resin is used as the binder, which is compatible with the Nickel particles and the surfaces to be bonded. The binder ensures good wetting and adhesion to various substrates like metals, ceramics, glass, or plastics.
- Solvents and Additives: The paste formulation often includes solvents to adjust viscosity and facilitate easy application. These solvents evaporate during curing, leaving behind a solid adhesive bond. Additionally, certain additives may be incorporated to enhance specific properties of the paste, such as rheology modifiers to control flow or thickeners to adjust viscosity.
- High electrical conductivity
- Strong adhesion to various substrates
- Suitable for applications requiring a conductive bond
- Controlled particle size distribution
- Black colour for easy identification
- Compatible with metals, ceramics, glass, and plastics
- Can be applied using electrostatic methods
- Available in a convenient 10 gm quantity
- Formulated with a polymer resin binder system
- It contains solvents for viscosity adjustment
- Enhancements through additives for specific properties
- Superior shielding over a wide frequency range
- Good abrasion resistance
- Excellent environmental resistance
Applications of Nickel Conductive Paste
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs):
It is ideal for use in PCB manufacturing processes. It can be applied to create conductive traces, pads, and vias on the board surface, enabling the flow of electrical signals between components. The paste offers excellent adhesion to various substrates, including FR-4, ceramic, and flexible PCB materials.
The adhesive is widely used for bonding semiconductor chips to lead frames or substrates. It provides a reliable electrical connection between the chip and the substrate, ensuring efficient heat dissipation and signal transmission. The high thermal conductivity helps prevent overheating, enhancing the electronic device’s overall performance and lifespan.
Conductive Nickel gel is crucial in the solar energy industry in manufacturing photovoltaic cells. It is used for creating grid patterns on the cell surface, which facilitate the collection and transmission of generated electricity. The paste’s excellent electrical conductivity and durability ensure optimal energy conversion efficiency.
Touchscreens and Displays:
It is used to manufacture touchscreens and displays, which are applied to form transparent conductive layers. These layers enable touch functionality and accurate sensing of user inputs. The paste’s low resistance and high transparency make it ideal for creating high-performance touch-sensitive surfaces.
In electromagnetic shielding applications, it can coat or print conductive layers onto enclosures, shielding electronic components from electromagnetic interference (EMI). The paste’s conductivity helps to redirect and dissipate electromagnetic waves, preventing disruptions in sensitive electronic systems.
- Always wear appropriate PPE to protect the users’ skin, eyes, and body from potential contact with the paste.
- During application, Nickel conductive paints may release volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and adequate ventilation helps minimize exposure.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke in the work area. Avoid inhaling or ingesting the Nickel Paste. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek immediate medical attention. If the user breathes it in, go to a place with fresh air and get medical help if the symptoms continue.
- Avoid direct contact with the skin. If a user encounters something accidentally, wash the affected area with soap and water to thoroughly clean it.
- Keep the conductive paste in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated spot, away from ignition sources and incompatible materials.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for proper storage and handling procedures. Ensure the containers are tightly sealed when not in use to prevent drying or contamination.
How to Use?
- Mix thoroughly.
- To apply the adhesive paste, use a brush, spatula, or dispenser to spread a thin coat on each surface.
- Prewet the surfaces to improve adhesion.
- Maintain a uniform bond line of 2-8 mils.
Apply even pressure (clamp if possible), and wipe away excess material before drying
Why choose us?
We are a leading manufacturer and supplier of research and development equipment and materials. Nickel Conductive Paste is one of our leading products with an enormous demand in the market. Our top priority is meeting our customer’s needs and preventing client complaints by ensuring precise conditioning and processing of our products. We follow stringent quality checks to ensure zero hitches in development. We are committed to providing the best price for our products so clients receive a combination of desirable quantity, quality, and cost-effective solutions under one roof. Our specialty is producing Nickel paste with various viscosities tailored to meet the specific requirements of our clients. Our paste is formulated to dry faster than other pastes. Additionally, we provide a reasonable and affordable price range for customized products and ship products worldwide.