Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Product Series – TI-MWCNT
- HS Code – 38249090
- Number of Layers – 4 to 8
- Material Form – Powder
- Colour – Black
- Purity – > 99.99%
- Outer diameter – 10-15nm
- Length – 10 μm
- Specific Surface Area – 400 m2/gm
- Bulk Density – 0.20-0.35 G/cm3
- Thermal Conductivity – >3000 W/m.k
- Tensile Strength – 10-60 GPa
- Packing size – 10gram, 100gm, 1kg, and more
Multi Walled Carbon Nanotube Description
As the name suggests, the Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNTs) made from carbon tubular concentric tunnels with around 10-9mm diameter. It is a composite structure of concentrically layered carbon nanotubes nested in each other. It is an allotrope of carbon (i.e., graphene), one of the most robust materials for many purposes and applications. The MWCNTs are highly resistant to chemicals and do not produce heat. Therefore, they are mainly used in many devices that tend to heat up for longer hours. Being highly conductive, they are remarkable in exhibiting electricity.
An MWCNTs consists of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 20 nanotubes. Similarly, the inner nanotube’s minimum diameter is 2 nm, whereas it is 50 nm for the external tube. Multi walled carbon nanotubes suppliers prefer it over the other nanotubes because the quantity produced by this mixture is bulk, and the cost of production is significantly cheaper. We produced this material by using a Catalytic Chemical Vapour Deposition (CCVD) method. The SEM and TEM analysis shows that our MWCNTs materials diameter and length are 5-20 nm and 10 microns, respectively. The purity of the material is more than 99.99%, whereas it contains a negligible amount of impurities.
Properties of Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNT)
Electrical Conductivity: It acts like semiconductors when they are correctly synthesized. The outer layer carries maximum charge while the inner carries none. Therefore, we call it a semiconductor, unlike SWCNT, which has only one layer and is highly conductive.
Tensile Strength: The Multi walled carbon nanotubes manufacturers favor them highly because of their tensile strength, which is about 0.15 TPa. Being an allotrope of carbon, they have high tensile strength while being stronger than steel.
Weight: It is strong and very light in weight. These qualities attract a strong inclination of scientists and industrialists towards MWCNTs.
Resistance: Usually, we use the allotrope of sp2-hybridized carbon to make Multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Thus, they are highly resistant to chemicals. Moreover, they show excellent resistance to heat as a pure CNTs composition can tolerate a temperature of about 600˚ C.
Applications of Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes
There are vivid applications of MWCNTs. Here are a few popular uses
• Water Filtration
• Batteries and Solar Cells
• Cancer Treatment
• Gene Therapy
• Automobile Parts
• Sports Equipment
• Hip Replacement
• Sеmісоnduсtоr mаtеrіаlѕ
• Drug dеlіvеrу
• Mеmbrаnе аnd fіltеrѕ
• Coatings (thіn соnduсtіvе fіlmѕ)
• Cоnduсtіvе аnd composite polymers
Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes Resources
How to use Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNT)?
How To Perform Dispersion ?
Follow these easy steps to perform dispersion of multi walled carbon nanotubes.
• Decide the quantity of nanotubes powder that you want and take accordingly.
• Then mix the solvent with the surfactant. You can use sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate if your choice is for ionic surfactant. However, if you decide to choose a nonionic one, you need a higher molecular weight surfactant.
• Now, pour this mixture into the MWCNTs powder. You have to shake the mixture briskly.
• Next, place an ultrasonic probe in the mixture.
• Take note of the time as well as the length and power that you are using. An improper or reckless move can damage the nanotubes affecting their average dimensions.
• You will now get a combination of suspended and bundles of nanotubes.
• Next, perform sonication to separate the bundles of nanotubes.
• Further, you have to separate the nanotubes from the bundles. For this, place the solution in a centrifuge. Then it would help if you centrifuged it at a high force for a long time. As a result, you get your desirable dispersion solution.
There is no doubt that it is hazardous to our health if we come in direct contact with this material. Therefore, you must follow the safety measures such as
• Always wear safety equipment such as safety goggles, rubber boots, and respirators to avoid getting your skin in contact with the substance.
• Use PPE kits to protect yourself from the emission.
• Make sure that you do not bring it close to your nose and do not inhale it.
• Since these particles are nanometer in size, it can easily penetrate the skin; hence wear protective gloves while handling the CNTs.
If exposed to it directly, one must follow the instructions below
• If one ingests it, wash their mouth with an ample amount of water and immediately rush to the hospital.
• If your skin exposes to it, wash immediately with soap and water.
• If it encounters your eyes, rinse your eyes with an ample amount of water.
• If you inhale it, evacuate to open air. If the person in contact with it through inhalation is unconscious, give them Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and rush them to the hospital immediately
• Make sure the product dispose of according to the guidelines issued by the government.
Why Choose Us
We at Techinstro believe in achieving excellence. We aim to deliver the best in class product with the desired quality and affordable price. Thus, we have a team of experienced professionals who strive to build a product, which is reliable and efficient for you. Moreover, we have experience of over ten years; furthermore, we understand your needs quickly. We perform testing and evaluation of the product to match your requirements. We also manufacture and sell the functional group MWCNTs, such as Carboxylic (COOH), Amine (NH2), and Hydroxylic (OH) functionalized nanotubes. The researcher can also purchase the multi walled carbon nanotubes in fine powder as well as dispersion form.