Protected Silver Mirror
Glass: High-quality float (60/40 quality)
Size: From 1 inch to max 4 inches
Shape: Circular / Rectangular
Thickness: 1 to 3 mm
Coating: Single-side coating with excellent adhesion
Reflection: 98% in the range of 400 to 700 nm
Quality of Silver: 99.999% ( Ultra Purity)
- Highly Reflectivity
- Robust Stability
What is a Protected Silver Mirror?
Protected Silver mirrors have a thin layer of dielectric material added to the Silver (Ag) layer. The dielectric layer shields the Silver from oxidation. This helps prevent the mirror from losing its reflectivity as time passes.
Protected Silver Coated Mirrors have the highest reflectance in the visible-NIR spectrum compared to other metallic mirrors. They also reflect well in the IR range. The research and development labs often use reflective materials that are strong and long-lasting. These materials are commonly found in things like laser optics, telescope mirrors, and solar cells.
The dielectric layer is made of materials like silicon dioxide or magnesium fluoride. These materials bend light more than air because they have a high refractive index. When light bends, it keeps the Silver layer safe from rust because oxygen can’t reach the surface of the Silver.
It is produced by using the vacuum deposition method. The Silver and dielectric layers are added to the mirror in a vacuum chamber during this process. The vacuum chamber prevents oxygen molecules from reaching the mirror’s surface, which helps ensure that the Silver layer is not oxidized.
Properties of Protected Silver Mirror
- Ravg > 97% for 450 nm – 2 µm
- Ravg > 95% for 2 – 20 µm
- SiO2 layer, with an approximate thickness of 100 nm, protects the Silver coating from oxidation and degradation.
- It is available in Round, Square, and Rectangular with a max size of 100mm.
Broad Bandwidth Reflectors:
- Metallic-coated mirrors offer very broad bandwidth reflectance. The dielectric layer protects the soft metallic coating from scratching and oxidation.
Features of Protected Silver Coated Mirror
High reflectivity in the visible and NIR spectrum
- It has the highest reflectance in the visible-NIR spectrum. It is essential for applications such as laser optics and telescope mirrors.
- A protective layer protects the Silver from oxidation and is more durable than mirrors that do not have a dielectric layer.
Wide spectral range
- It can reflect light over a wide spectral range, from the visible to the infrared. It is versatile for a variety of applications.
- It can be customized to meet specific requirements and adjust the protective layer thickness to optimize the reflectivity at a particular wavelength.
- It offers high reflectivity and durability while being more affordable than other mirrors.
Adjustable in variety of environments
- It can be used in various environments, including high-humidity and high-temperature environments.
Easy to clean
- It is easy to clean with a water solution.
- It has a long lifespan, with some mirrors lasting over 20 years.
Applications of Protected Silver Mirror
Protected Silver Mirror (PSM) applications include laser optics, telescope mirrors, and solar cells. In laser optics, PSMs are used because they can reflect a high percentage of laser light. This is important for applications such as laser cutting and laser welding.
Telescope mirrors are used because they reflect a high percentage of light from stars and other astronomical objects. This is important for applications such as astronomy and space exploration. This mirror is used in solar cells because it can reflect a high percentage of sunlight. It is also important for applications such as solar power generation.
It is a valuable tool for various applications, offering high reflectivity, durability, and a wide spectral range, making them ideal for use in demanding environments.
- Always wear gloves when handling Protected Silver Mirrors. This will help prevent fingerprints and other contaminants from getting on the mirror, reducing its reflectivity.
- Do not touch the mirrored surface or edges of the mirror with bare hands. This can damage the protective coating and expose the Silver to oxidation.
- Store it in a cool, dry place. This practice will help to prevent the protective coating from degrading.
- Avoid exposing the mirror to high humidity or temperatures to prevent damage to the protective coating.
- If the mirror becomes dirty, clean it with a mild soap and water solution. Do not use harsh chemicals, as these can damage the protective coating.
How to use Protected Silver Mirror?
- Choose the correct mirror for the application. It is available in various sizes, shapes, and coatings.
- It is delicate and can be easily scratched or damaged. Be sure to wear gloves when handling the mirror and avoid touching the mirrored surface.
- Store the mirror properly. The mirror should be stored in a cool, dry place. Avoid exposing the mirror to high humidity or temperatures.
- Clean the mirror as needed. Clean the mirror with a mild soap and water solution if the mirror becomes dirty. Do not use harsh chemicals, as these can damage the protective coating.
Why choose us?
We manufacture and supply Protected Silver Mirrors with over ten years of market experience. We offer a wide variety of metal coated mirrors, and our team of experienced professionals can help our customers choose the correct mirror for their application. Our prices are competitive, our turnaround times are fast, and we are confident that our clients will be satisfied with our products. If the client would like to know more about the products, please do not hesitate to contact us today.